Avoiding the Most Common Interviewing Mistakes
Following are a few tips...
- Thoroughly prepare for your interviews.
- Present related skills, talents, and accomplishments confidently.
- Understand the interviewing strategies used by employers, to respond appropriately to each employer's style of interviewing and perceived requirements of the position.
- Use two-way communication appropriate for an interview.
- Prepare your questions in advance.
- Dress appropriately.
- Focus on what you can contribute to the organization rather than what the employer can do for you.
- Don't place blame on or be negative about past employers.
- Follow up strategically after each interview.